Site LEAN Implementation Leader-1200690
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drive the implementation of LEAN Manufacturing Culture throughout the site.
- In close cooperation with OpX, develop a Lean Implementation Strategy
- Establish Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives for Lean Implementation
- Facilitate meetings with each Department or Plant to establish their Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives for Lean Implementation
- Ensure Strategic Lean Implementation Plans meet or exceed the OpX 3 year cycle Lean Assessment Maturity Rating
- Provide leadership support and continuous improvement in the implementation of a Lean Manufacturing Culture across the site.
- Compile, organize and create a knowledge management system of Lean training, Lean tools, and Lean best practices. This must be in coordination with the Site Knowledge Management Leader.
- Develop and maintain intensive level of expertise in Lean and Change Management (COE Leader of Site Lean Activities).
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure competency and development of Lean Subject Matter Experts (SME or L3 Lean Agents)
- Ensure consistent implementation and understanding of Lean Tools including (Visual Management Boards, Continuous Improvement Boards, 5S. Material and Information Flow Analysis (MIFA), Value Stream Mapping, etc.)
- Lead and further develop sharing and implementation of all best practices across the site and between other sites, including Freeport, Geismar, Pasadena, Port Arthur, etc.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Entrepreneurial Action
- Influencing and Impact
- Strategic Thinking
- Analytical Thinking
- Work Management
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Conflict Managment
- Quality Orientation and Attention to Detail
- Leadership and Teamwork
BS/BA degree and minimum 5+ years of manufacturing experience or a minimum 7+ years' experience in a manufacturing organization is required. Prior experience implementing LEAN Manufacturing Tools or Six Sigma Methodologies required.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: GESE - General Services
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCG-Geismar Site
BASF - 20 months ago
BASF SE, formerly BASF AG, is a Germany-based chemical company. The Company has six business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Performance...