Thanks for your interest in Piedmont HealthCare . Our physicians have been providing state of the art medical care to area residents since 1996. As one of the largest employers in the area, Piedmont HealthCare is a vital part of the communities we serve, offering competitive wages and benefits. If you want to excel in your field while living in a community that offers small town charm within an hour or two of the state’s largest cities, we’re the place for you.
Must have medical office experience
Must have medical terminology knowledge
Great computer and customer service skills are required
Prefer someone with previous scheduling/pre-authorization experience
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for scheduling, relaying prep information, and obtaining pre-authorizations and precertifications as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Schedule surgeries, procedures, tests as assigned by office. Inform
referring office/patient of prep requirements as needed.
2. Clerical duties to include use of office equipment, prepping and
retrieving charts, completing forms for patients, answering phones,
reviewing charge tickets for accuracy, keying charges, editing and
keying various documents, burning CD’s, assist patients with
billing/account information, keying and maintaining protocol, etc. as
assigned by office.
3. Orders supplies as assigned by office.
4. Obtaining and reporting preauthorization and precertification
information as required.
5. OSHA compliance as assigned by office.
6. Maintains patient confidentiality.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum of one-year experience in customer service setting, preferably six months receptionist/scheduler experience in healthcare setting and experience with office equipment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Knowledge of managed care principles, reception tasks, clinic policies/procedures, paperwork.
2. Knowledge of how to use office equipment including phone, computer.
3. Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
4. Skill in using office equipment satisfactorily and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
5. Skill in customer service principles.
6. Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish/maintain
cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other
7. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
8. Ability to read, understand and follow oral written instructions. Can file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
From: Piedmont Healthcare
Piedmont Healthcare is system of five hospitals and 100 physician and specialist offices across greater Atlanta and North Georgia. For more...