Join the Franciscan Estate team during harvest, for a
chance to gain hands-on winery experience, and exposure
to hiring managers and career opportunities with
Franciscan and many other Constellation Brands
Under supervision, this position is responsible for the
performance of a variety of routine laboratory
procedures, monitoring musts and wines for quality
according to established parameters of analysis.
under minimal supervision, obtains samples, performs
- Working within established operating procedures, and
chemical analyses, instrumental analyses, solution and
reagent preparation in order to achieve optimum
analytical quality standards.
appropriate procedure.As instructed by the Lab Manager
- Collects samples as required using sampling
and Senior Winemaker, performs special projects and
other assignments related to the functioning of the lab
that they contribute to the achievement of the lab and
and efficient preparation, sampling, preparation of
- Responsible for setting up tastings through accurate
tasting sheets, analytical data sheets and clean up of
checks. Must inform Lab Manager immediately if water
- Responsible for weekly pond water quality control
quality is out of specs. An outside contract laboratory
analyzes monthly control samples.
maintenance and keeping lab equipment logs up to date.
- Responsible for performing routine equipment
hazardous material and safety procedures and adhering to
- This position is responsible for understanding the
these procedures when and where applicable.
operating supplies, and other duties as assigned.
- Assists Lab Manager in purchasing routine lab
winemaking or lab director of any situation that might
- Responsible for the immediate notification of
jeopardize wine quality.
Enology, Viticulture, Microbiology, or other related
- Must be pursuing, or have completed a degree in
area of study
- Prior experience in a lab environment desired
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to work various shifts including weekends and
- This position requires excellent organizational and
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds on an occasional
perform duties and responsibilities in a manner
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and
consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the
highest quality standards in all endeavors.
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger,
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
Open Date : 2013-02-04 14:00:00
Division/Department : Operations--Wine Technical
Constellation Brands - 10 months ago
Constellation Brands, Inc. is an international producer and marketer of beverage alcohol with a portfolio of wine brands complemented by...