Talent has its place. It’s here. CBS Interactive. Work where innovation meets creativity. Where the brightest left and right brainers have a seat at the table. Where you’ll work on some of the biggest online brands across sports, entertainment, technology, gaming and news. It’s where your talent will find its happy place.
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 250 million people visiting its properties each month, it is a top 10 Web property globally and a top 5 Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Work as part of a close-knit cross-functional team with excellent attention to detail and a high-level of accountability. The Intern Associate Web Developer is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining front-end code for high-volume, high-traffic end-user facing websites. Collaborating with Engineering, Product, Design, Marketing, QA, Operations and Editorial teams. Working from PDF or PSD designs and/or written specifications.
At least 1+ year(s) development experience working with the following:
- Web Standards; the DOM; cross-browser & cross-platform (X)HTML (
- CSS positioning, hierarchy and (X)HTML/CSS architecture
- JSP and JSTL or equivalent server-side web development language (PHP, ASP.net, etc.)
- Adobe PhotoShop CS3, CS4, CS5
- Adobe Flash CS3, CS4, CS5 & ActionScript 2.0, 3.0
- XML or JSON
- Java (or similar class based object-oriented programming language)
**Intern candidates must be currently enrolled in college/university with at least one semester to go after completion of internship.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, Mootools JS library
- Knowledge of Agile and/or similar development methodologies
- Mobile development (iPhone iOS (Objective-C), Android (Java, C, C++))
CBS Corporation - 20 months ago
The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, the #1...