Flagship’s is looking for a results-oriented exempt level Human Resources professional who will report directly to a HR Manager in Dallas Texas and dotted line to the Corporate HR/Ethics Officer. The successful candidate will possess solid Human Resource skill sets and ideally have service industry experience. The person holding this key position must be an effective business partner with strong collaboration, planning, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills who has demonstrated the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects in an extremely fast-paced environment. The desired candidate will have a successful track record as a Generalist including strengths in recruiting and employee relations.
- Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants to fill entry level, and middle management job openings; and helps to coordinate the use of temporary employees.
- Conducts new employee orientations; administers pre-employment tests; conducts reference checks and background checks.
- Implement and administer the company’s human resources policies and practices.
- Establish and maintain both paper and electronic employee files/information.
- Assist to ensure that employee relations issues, including the investigation and resolution of employee complaints, are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that Flagship’s operation remains in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Facilitate benefits enrollment and changes for eligible employees.
- Assist with and conduct supervisory/management and employee training programs, as needed.
- Assist with the response to all Unemployment and EEOC claims.
- Assist with and conduct exit interviews.
- Lead and/or facilitate supervisor/manager and employee meetings when appropriate.
- Assist to ensure that safety, workers compensation, and other risk management programs and procedures are fulfilled in an effective, legally compliant, and timely manner.
- Provide meaningful employment-related reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Recruit, manage, and develop the office receptionist as required.
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders, including those at Corporate and other regions.
- Continuously evaluate and improve this regional human resources function.
Flagship provides competitive compensation, benefits, and a fun and challenging work environment. Interested and qualified candidates should email their resume to
- A minimum of 5 years customer-centric, business-aligned, operationally-oriented Human Resources Business Partner experience. Service industry experience preferred.
- Extensive experience working with unions
- Two or more years of high volume recruitment experience
- Extensive knowledge and practical application of Federal, Texas, and local employment laws.
- Ability to work independently, resourcefully, and flexibly.
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasive, written/verbal communication, planning, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent education and/or experience. HR certification a plus.
- Occasional travel required.
- Janitorial recruiting experience is a plus.
Flagship Facility Services, Inc. - 2 years ago