Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at JMC Steel Group!
The QA Supervisor is responsible for all projects related to NDT and API products. This position will have NDT responsibilities at the Blytheville, AR facility. This person will support the facility by providing technical expertise in the field of non-destructive testing by ensuring that all of the NDT equipment is working effectively and that the applicable operators are properly trained to supervise administratively, and on a functional basis, hourly employees involved with inspection. This person will also implement and maintain the plant-wide measurement systems program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides technical support and is the liaison between the 3 rd party NDT group and operations.
Supervision of quality staff and oversight of all inspection activities; including Ultrasonic Testers
Specify gauges for purchase suitable for measuring the products manufactured
Evaluates and audits the measuring system for accuracy and reliability
Manage gauge calibration program for facility
Promote and enforce health and safety work practices as required under OSHA and the Company
Notify sales department when material for orders is non-conformed
Provide technical assistance to sales and manufacturing departments
Oversee Maintenance and operation of NDT equipment
Control and calibration of all IMTE
Review defective samples and perform failure analysis related to coil and tube failures providing reports as required.
Monitor and analyze quality data and report trends
Liaison with customers regarding product quality when required
Communicate customer requirements to operations through creation and maintenance of Customer Specification Sheets
Complete and submit PPAP documentation to customers when required.
Identify Quality department resource requirements
Assess and ensure necessary UT and QC training is completed
Assist other departments to develop standards as required
Identify areas for Continuous Improvement, corrective and preventive action
Draft written Quality operating procedures and responsibilities
Draft specific job, machine and equipment work practices
Responsible for special projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline is preferred
- Minimum of four years of related experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and business practices including knowledge of ISO 9001/API Q1 standards as well as Industry product specifications such as API 5L/%CT and the applicable ASTM standards.
- Technical aptitude in mechanical/electrical areas
- Working knowledge in metallurgical processes
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong supervisory, problem solving and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task, possesses good analytical and decision making skills with ability to troubleshoot, identify root causes and systematically solve problems
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a participative team member.
- Strong background in SPC methodology/measurement systems analysis/metrology and gauging
JMC Steel Group offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions.
- Other physical requirements as needed for job.
We are JMC Steel Group.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of JMC Steel Group and of our customers.
JMC Steel - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard