To provide care to patients under the direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of LCMC.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
2. Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
3. Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
5. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
6. Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
7. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
8. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
9. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
10. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduated from ST training program required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- BLS within 90 days of hire required
- Surgical Technologist Certification preferred
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
HCA Inc - 20 months ago