Position reports to CEO
The Accounting Manager position is accountable for the basic accounting functions for the company, to include the production of periodic (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. This position also is responsible for the HR functions including payroll, benefits management, Insurance, and all work claims for and/or against the company.
Small business experience is a plus! Our business is fast paced and involves multi-tasking daily vital functions.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities: Manage all Finance & HR responsibilities.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: $50,000 - $55,000 Base plus Benefits and a Bi-Annual Bonus (TBD).
Principal Accountabilities are, but not limited to:
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures using the ALERE financial /WMS software package owned by company
2. Manage outsourced functions such as payroll & insurance coverage
3. Manage the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
4. Participate in key decisions as a member of the advisory committee
5. Some daily office responsibilities like organizing company functions, schedule training objectives, working with CEO to manage other office functions.
1. Ensure that accounts payable are managed and paid in a timely manner
2. Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
3. Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
4. Process payroll in a timely manner
5. Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
6. Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
7. Maintain the chart of accounts
8. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
9. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
10. Maintain a General Ledger
11. Maintain and improve ALERE software abilities for the company in both financial and WMS areas
You will also assist and work with our CPA to prepare key financials, and tax documents as listed below.
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements
2. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
3. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
4. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management: periodic updates on performance against budgets and forecasts
5. Provide for a system of management cost reports
6. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
7. Weekly reporting to CEO of company
8. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
1. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
2. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
3. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting
- 5 years plus experience in Accounting / Management
- 3 – 5 years of HR management a Plus
- Financial management a Plus