Completes scheduling and registration of patients in a timely and efficient manner. Records and processes messages, verifies insurance, expedites referrals, performs point-of-service cash collection, discharges patients following appropriate protocols and provides customer service duties in a proactive and professional manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED.
- One to two years prior related experience in a physician’s office setting desirable.
- Good use and understanding of the English language. Ability to receive and impart accurate information.
- Communicate effectively and professionally using oral and written word to a varied population.
- Human relation skills to use tact and diplomacy in contacts with employees and public.
- Neat and legible handwriting.
- Ability to perform routine mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and simple algebra.
- Ability to problem solve at a basic level. Must be able to take multiple variables into consideration during the course of daily activities.
- Ability to understand and follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Current certification in basic life support/CPR required.
- Prefer nationally recognized coding certification such as CPC credentials
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including fax, copier, scanner, and computer in an efficient manner.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of records, documents or discussions related to work related functions.
- Attendance is an essential element of this positio n.
- Experience using Allscripts PM and EHR.
Carson Health Network - 2 years ago