---MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY--- |
Position is subject to furlough days. Salary is based on actual hours worked.
Under immediate supervision, assists in the preparation and serving of a variety of foods in elementary, middle schools and high schools food service programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL LICENSE OR LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Education: Must possess a secondary (i.e., high school) school diploma,or its equivalent (GED).
Experience: Six (6) months of full time experience in quantity food cooking, preparation and serving is required.
Special License or Language Skills:
A valid Food Safety Certification from a nationally recognized Food Safety Program is desirable.
Employees must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential duties of a position with or without reasonable accommodation and without hazard to themselves or others.
Employees in this classification stand for long periods of time, walk, sit, may lift and carry up to thirty (30) lbs., carry, push/pull, maintain balance, stoop/bend, bend repeatedly, reach over head, repetitively use fingers, repetitively use wrists or hand in a twisting motion or while applying pressure, use both hands/legs simultaneously, have rapid mental/muscular coordination, speak clearly, hear normal voice conversation, have depth perception, color vision, distinguish shades, see small details, see long distances, operate in very small spaces, use respirator masks, use a computer and a telephone.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities of a position in this class include but are not limited to:
- Prepares raw fruits and vegetables for cooking and consumption
- Participates in the preparation of fruits, vegetables, salads, sandwiches and other food items
- Assists in the preparation of appetizers in accordance with prescribed methods
- Sets up and stocks work areas with all necessary ingredients and equipment
- Sets up food on serving counters/steam tables and serves meals or meal components
- Measures and mixes dry and liquid ingredients according to recipe instructions
- Loads food into containers for transport
- Serves as cashier receiving money from students and faculty
- Washes, sanitizes and stores pots, pans, tableware and other kitchen utensils
- Stores food and supplies as prescribed
- Participates in inventories
- Cleans serving counters, tables, food containers and other equipment and facilities
- Makes sure the work area complies with State Sanitation Guidelines requirements
- Operates kitchen equipment such as electric mixers, slicer, choppers, dish washing machine, stoves, ovens, and other commercial kitchen equipment
- Lifts and carries boxes, pats and pans containing food
- Performs other related duties as required
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Proper sanitation practices and procedures
- Operate kitchen equipment such as electric mixers, slicers, choppers, dish washing machines, stoves, ovens and other commercial kitchen equipment
- Measure and mix liquid and dry ingredients according to recipe and instructions
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Prepare raw fruits and vegetables for cooking and consumption by peeling, scraping and chopping using small hand tools
- Adheres to all safety practices of the trade and workplace
- Show a high level of care and thoroughness in handling the details of the job
- Acts ethically beyond reproach
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, students and others
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Maintain composure in the face of high workload, competing or conflicting demands, ambiguous assignments, interruptions and distractions
- Develop knowledge, skills, and abilities that are presently needed in the job
- Perform the manual/physical activities of the job
- Adapt well to changes in assignments and priorities
- Understand his/her role on the team, yet does whatever is needed to make the team a success
- Understand and interpret written materials
- Correctly performs the mathematical operations of the job
- Maintain sensitivity to ethnic, religious, cultural and sexual differences
Flexibility / Safety Focus / Customer Focus / Integrity / Attention to Detail / Continuous Learning / Physical Skills / Teamwork / Sensory Perception Skills / Handling Stress / Reading Comprehension / Math Skills
Pasadena Unified School District - 10 months ago