- Previous experience in retail/customer service environment preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
positive and courteous manner
- Ability to interact with customers and associates in a professional,
- Ability to interact positively with other associates to promote
hours which includes wearing a headset or a device on or in the ear
- Ability to use electronic communication devices during all working
pounds regularly and climb ladders
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally and 25
only brief periods of sitting
- Ability to stand and move about for extended periods of time with
- Ability to reach, bend, or stoop to move and handle products
The Store Associate is responsible for positively contributing to the
customer shopping experience by providing friendly, knowledgeable and
professional service as well as assisting customers with a total
solutions purchase. This position is also responsible for the check-in
and unloading of freight, stocking merchandise on shelves and cashiering
1. Seek out and engage customers in a friendly and professional manner
and provide impartial, knowledgeable advice about all OfficeMax product
2. Provide outstanding customer service by effectively engaging
customers, identifying their needs, and offering the best solution to
successfully close a sale.
3. Elicit information from customers to confidently sell in all areas
of the sales floor including but not limited to ImPress, Furniture,
Supplies, Technology and other areas including third party resources.
4. Seek and accept coaching and direction from the Store Leadership
5. Support the store#s shrink and theft awareness program and advise
management of any unusual activity using the various reporting methods
provided by the company (800 number, Open Door Policy, contacting Loss
Prevention or Human Resources team).
6. When not with customers, keep aisles faced and shelves stocked as
7. Use radios and headsets to answer questions and assist store team
members to recommend the best total sales solution.
8. Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in
accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service
9. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
10. Answer the phone promptly and courteously and direct calls to the
11. Ensure that the store is clean and organized and all pricing signage
is in order. Assist in cleaning and maintenance of the store as
12. Use all available resources such as @Max Retail, OfficeMax
University, and Advantage TV to further associate#s knowledge about the
company and it#s offerings. Utilize that knowledge to educate
customers about OfficeMax solutions that fit their needs.
13. Advise Manager on Duty of any issues, special customer requests,
customer complaints, etc.
14. Immediately respond and resolve any potential safety hazards, and
report to Manager on Duty.
15. Unload and check in freight as directed.
16. Implement new merchandise planograms as directed.
17. Assist in the store#s data integrity process: identifying low stock
levels, inventory discrepancies and report them to management to ensure
an #in-stock# store.
18. Ensure returned merchandise is restocked to the correct location and
that all damaged or defective merchandise is labeled and placed in the
appropriate area at the end of each shift.
19. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
20. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Retail - Stores
OfficeMax - 17 months ago
This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far behind...