Electronic Warfare Subject Matter Expert (Job Number: 316874)
SAIC has an opening for an Electronic Warfare Subject Matter Expert with practical U.S. Navy vessel maintenance and operations expertise in Norfolk, VA.
- Seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) who possesses Electronic Warfare area expertise. The functional areas may include: management, engineering, shipboard troubleshooting and repair, Test & Evaluation and/or training efforts. This may also include studies, analysis and reports documenting proposed developmental, consultative or implementation efforts/recommendations.
- Collaborate daily with customer(s) to determine specific needs and requirements and to counsel within the expertise area; including oversight and task execution.
- Develop and/or review program reports, technical papers, drawings, specifications, procedures, etc.; provide comments; organize, consolidate, and adjudicate comments from various organizations, and prepare reports.
- Perform expert-level review, analysis, and validation of engineering and logistics products based on current expertise and that gathered while working with the customer, including aboard U.S. naval vessels.
- Consult as industry expert with customer, advise on policy development, planning and implementation.
- Interface with various technical and logistics team leaders daily to exchange information and coordinate related task performance.
- Mentor junior-level personnel in the SME area of assigned work.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Only local candidates will be considered for this position, no relocation will be paid.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years technical and/or operational experience that demonstrates the individual is a prominent and recognized authority in the subject matter field. Fifteen years technical and/or operational experience may be acceptable in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates should possess excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs; mastery of Department of Defense policies, procedures and tools.
- Position requires travel and ability to traverse in and about U.S. naval vessels.
- Active Security Clearance.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 20 years’ experience in Electronic Warfare field
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2012, 2:57:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...