Impact and Scope: The Kaplan Faculty Member is a qualified nurse educator or clinical expert who, on a PRN basis, is responsible for all aspects of course delivery. The Kaplan Faculty Member delivers excellent classroom experiences through a guided review of application/analysis level exam-style questions to prepare students for the NCLEX®-RN examination. Faculty adhere to the course curriculum, position themselves as the NCLEX®-RN experts and employ effective classroom management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Successful completion of Kaplan’s Teacher Development Program. The training will include an overview of the NCLEX®-RN exam, the Kaplan course, teach back sessions of selected questions, and a mentoring session
· Expertise in the NCLEX®-RN exam and Kaplan’s course materials & resources
· Understanding & application of Kaplan methodology with appropriate utilization of the Faculty Manual
· Receive feedback openly & implement recommendations from Nursing Academics team
· Excellent teaching skills & ability to engage students through high energy levels, and adaptability of teaching style to the learning needs of the students
· A confident, approachable and professional image
· MSN or BSN plus Masters degree
· Current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse
· Ability to teach classes and conduct tutoring as assigned by manager
· 5+ years clinical nursing experience
· Teaching experience preferred
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
· Accountability – take responsibility for student success and the Kaplan brand in the market place
· Collaboration – working together to achieve our shared goals
· Innovation – application of creative methods to enhance student learning
· Excellence – commitment to exceeding students’ expectations
· Integrity – treating all with honesty & respect
Commitment to these measurements is in alignment with the Kaplan mission – Kaplan helps individuals achieve their educational and career goals. We build futures one success story at a time.
I understand that the above is not an exclusive listing of all duties for this position and others may be added and/or those specifically listed may be expanded, de-emphasized or deleted without alternation to this document.
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help...