This position is responsible for the management and operation of SQL Server implementations. Assists other positions in the formulation of SQL queries, database creation, use, and maintenance. Also responsible for support of the Cache database system which is the database server application used by Epic. The skills of a successful Cache Database Administrator are necessary to ensure that Epic’s products run reliably with fast user response time.
30% Assists in resolution of production application/operational problems as necessary. Assists users in answering questions to ensure the applications are properly used in conjunction with their business process.
30% Program SQL queries, create and maintain user databases.
25% Perform database system maintenance including verification of database backups and integrity checking.
13% Apply patches and system upgrades.
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Previous overall knowledge and experience working with healthcare-related systems.
- Knowledge and experience with PC and server operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience with PC and SQL Server databases.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to clearly define requirements and develop specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to perform design and analysis of a project based on a given specification.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities. Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent consulting, training and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of workstation and network fundamentals and components.
- Ability to work well with other team members, networking personnel, computer operators and clinical personnel.
- Ability to think logically and communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Organizational and decision making skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Experience: 7 years experience in program development and systems administration in a time-critical environment such as a healthcare organization using relational database products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time, bending over desks, watching computer screens, and working on keyboards. Requires great manual dexterity and some lifting of approximately 30-50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal office environment. On-call support outside normal business hours, including weekends and holidays. May require ability to work irregular hours
CONTACT RELATIONSHIPS: Contacts: Clinic Administrators, Quality Assurance, Process Improvement, Clinicians, Vendor Product Representatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
HOURS: 40 per week, Monday through Friday
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Everett Clinic - 18 months ago