Citizen Potawatomi Nation
JOB TITLE: Convenience Store Clerk
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Firelake Discount Foods
SUPERVISOR: Convenience Store Manager
PAY RANGE: BOE
JOB SUMMARY: A convenience store clerk is responsible for maintaining customer service as per company standard, quality of product, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store standards.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of customer service.
• Ensure sales floor product is of highest quality and freshness.
• Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandising promotions, test merchandise, and advertisements.
• Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and store housekeeping.
• Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensures re-wraps are done promptly.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and practices including signing, pricing, and loss prevention policies.
• Acknowledge and greet customers when entering store (3 second rule).
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor
• Perform other duties and projects as required by management
• Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
• Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
• Ability to freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area, and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run department.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time, occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping, good finger dexterity and feeling, frequent repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
• Ability to move, lift or transfer merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-75 pounds.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Normal grocery environment.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Employee Signature Date
The Citizen Potawatomi Nation, Family Violence Program provides a number of services to women and children who have been victims of domestic...