Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Transportation
Job Title :
Senior Transportation Engineer
Type of Position:
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or appropriate discipline
• PE License
• Minimum 5 years of progressive transportation engineering experience developing roadway plans
• Experience in designing with Microstation with Geopak
• Experience managing roadway design projects and with work assigned to roadway engineers within and outside the organization
• Demonstrated leadership experience in business development including strategic planning, market positioning, proposal preparation, client presentations, scope-schedule-fee estimates, contract negotiations, and risk management
• Positive attitude and a propensity for collaborative teamwork
• Experience in conducting public meetings or hearings to explain planning proposals, to gather feedback from those affected by projects, or to achieve consensus on project designs
• This position requires successful completion of the URS Project Management Certification program within 6 months of hire. This certification program is a series of learning modules and is available on-line through the URS Learning Management System at no financial cost to the employee.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
This is an opportunity to join our established Michigan Transportation Team as the Sr. Highway Engineer based in our Southfield, Michigan Office. The successful candidate will serve on multiple current and planned project opportunities, and will have an important leadership role in expanding URS' transportation business.
Success will be measured by:
• Effective leadership in highway engineering business development strategies
• Effective leveraging of URS company-wide resources and coordination across business lines, offices, regions, and divisions
• In collaboration with the Transportation Business Line Leader, effective positioning with contractors and teaming partners
• Effective project planning, setup, staffing, controls and monitoring to verify successful execution - safety, quality and financial performance
• Client satisfaction
Specific technical expectations include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing or overseeing the preparation of roadway design work using the appropriate combination of AASHTO, MDOT and local agency standards
Designs could include:
• New and/or rehabilitation of medium and complex roadways
• Interchange Geometrics
• Design of ancillary roadway elements
• May provide assistance in preparing plans, specifications, construction cost estimates, reports and technical memos; performing quality control reviews of designs completed by others and preparing/negotiating scopes of work, budgets and schedules
• Work in conjunction with the Transportation Business Line Leader in developing strategies to: maintain and grow URS' transportation business in Michigan, participate in business development activities and project positioning and verify URS active participation in transportation related organizations and activities
• Perform the duties of a Project Manager or Task Leader on select projects including: proposal preparation and reviews, contract negotiations, project planning, project staffing and recruiting, technical and quality reviews, financial performance and client relations
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation - 17 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...