The Freelancers Union and Iora Health have partnered to offer a family practice created for individuals who receive health insurance through a Freelancers Insurance Company (FIC) health plan. The practice opened its doors in Brooklyn, NY in November 2012, implementing a radically changed care model, staffing model, payment model, and our own information technology platform. This model puts patients first, freeing doctors and other caregivers from the hassles of insurance paperwork and creating more time to build relationships with patients. Patients will enjoy easy appointment scheduling, access to their doctor and health coach by phone and email, free wellness groups (such as yoga and meditation) and access to their medical record online. At the heart of our new staffing model is a team of health coaches, who work with doctors to help patients coordinate services, unlock personal motivation, and make healthy lifestyle changes. Implementing such a model and philosophy of care delivery has shown to dramatically improve the patient care experience as well as the quality of clinical outcomes.
As a commitment to providing its members with the highest quality healthcare available and to promote the health and wellbeing of its members, FIC has engaged with Iora Health and Collective Primary Care to provide this more comprehensive form of primary care. Iora Health is a rapidly growing primary care management services organization that is opening such innovative primary care practices nationwide in an effort to change care delivery as we know it today.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Administrative Assistant serves as a key member of the practice team and plays a critical role in the flow of the practice. Duties specific to this position include greeting and welcoming patients, answering phones, managing the flow of medical records and other important, confidential documentation and generally doing whatever is needed to contribute to the success of the team and to ensure that patients are treated in a courteous, respectful manner.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Welcoming patients to the practice, communicating their arrival to the team and managing patient visit expectations
- Receiving incoming calls/messages and appropriately addressing or directing phone requests including requests for appointments, form completion, and medication refills
- Initiating outbound administrative requests, by phone and in writing, such as medical record requests and specialty appointment booking
- Handling incoming mail and faxes, including scanning and appropriate e-filing
- Proving information and office tours for patients interested in joining the practice
- Assisting with the management of office and medical supplies, as needed
- Experience in a service business required
- Tech savviness and familiarity with Apple a plus but not required
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills both in-person and by phone
- Must have the ability to work well both as a member of a team and independently
- Any strong candidate must be comfortable with using technology (entering information on a laptop, using a scanner, learning new software) and able/willing to learn new technologies
- Must have exceptional organizational, problem-solving and time management skills and must be able to appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, change and willing to learn new skills