As International Justice Mission (IJM) continues to expand, ready access to timely and accurate business information from a global perspective becomes critical to the success of the organization. IJM is seeking a professional and dynamic individual, motivated by faith and the biblical call to justice, to be the Finance Department lead as the organization integrates our finance, human resource, constituent relations and marketing systems into a single unified platform. As the driver of the finance and accounting aspects of each system, this successful individual will act as the subject matter expert, assisting IJM global staff in the integration and implementation. This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, D.C. area, and reports to the Director of Accounting, while working closely with the newly created Director of the Global Business Effectiveness System and Vice President of Finance.
Definition, Evaluation, Scoping, Design and Selection of the Financial Elements of the Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP), to include a paperless system
Global Finance Implementation Planning and Execution
- Conduct a needs assessment with stakeholders, determining what will be tracked, advancements and system improvements;
- Establish working groups to provide input into design;
- Develop a detailed set of Finance requirements that can be used to evaluate offerings from multiple vendors;
- Develop a detailed set of requirements for integration with IJM’s Human Resources Department and Constituent Relations & Marketing Departments systems;
- Develop a short list of Financial system vendors, and evaluate their capabilities to assist with implementation and delivery or the most effective product;
- After determination of critical requirements, utilize a score sheet for each vendor that will enable stakeholders to determine the best, most cost effective solution;
- Schedule on site vendor presentations of system functionality to IJM stakeholders using IJM data;
- Establish rules of engagement with vendors communicate and uphold those rules;
- Liaise with vendors and assist with contract negotiations related to finance systems; and
- Conduct a feasibility study for use in field offices on top vendors.
Finance System Administration of the Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Work with Information Systems Department to develop the prioritization of rolling out all systems;
- Lead in prioritization of roll-out of paperless system and general ledger related systems to HQ and the foreign field offices;
- Lead in the implementation planning and execution of the finance elements of the ERP system;
- Create a budget of costs for design, data transfer and implementation of Finance requirements to include a paperless system;
- Once the vendor is selected, begin work with the implementation team, ensuring that IJM’s objectives are being met, and will be functional with current infrastructure;
- Maintain project on schedule and at or under budget for Finance related systems;
- Work with IJM’s Information Systems Department to create a budget for any additional hardware or software requirements needed for successful ERP, configuration, deployments and maintenance, to include a paperless system;
- Develop plan for phased deployment, including import of existing data from all sources, executing the deployment plan, and adjusting as necessary during deployment; and
- Develop and conduct initial training for finance systems to end users to enable efficient use of system.
Required Skills and Experience
- Act as the System Administrator for finance elements, responding in a timely, effective manner to all inbound inquiries and support requests;
- Manage and conduct roll-out of finance systems to field offices, assist with training of Regional Accounting Managers to train end users;
- Develop appropriate on-going finance training for stakeholders, end users and knowledge workers, US and foreign nationals, to enable efficient use of the system;
- Identify constituent feedback trends that need organizational attention and proactively propose improvements; and
- Prepare and deliver progress reports to executives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred;
- Proven experience being the project lead in scoping, selection and implementation of an ERP system;
- Demonstrated experience in gathering system requirements for an enterprise level system deployment for a global organization;
- Organized, with strong skills in analysis and documentation;
- Familiarity with current technology (hardware and software), and ability to vision cast the future technological direction; and
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to all levels of the organization globally.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Possess desire and ability to analyze and document problems to find the best solution for the finance elements of the global system;
- Ability to travel to the field for initial implementation (25% during this phase);
- Ability and desire to work independently with administrative capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion with minimal oversight;
- Clear communicator of needs and priorities; and
- Ability to effectively manage time according to changing priorities both self-discovered and as directed.
International Justice Mission - 18 months ago