Responsible for assisting the manager with overall store operations. Duties include customer service; operation of computerized point of sale system; scheduling and counseling of employees; following and enforcing policies and procedures; store maintenance and basic repairs; covering shifts; bookkeeping, daily bank deposits; closing out arcade machines; cleaning bathrooms, gas consoles, and gas islands; compiling inventory and ordering; and stocking merchandise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Manager may designate some or all of the essential duties and responsibilities to the Assistant Manager. In larger locations the Grocery Merchandiser may be responsible for 12, 13, and 14.)
1. Assist the store manager as needed with employee scheduling, completion of paperwork including books and cashier duties.
2. Advise store manager of personnel situations or policy violations having an effect on store operations.
3. Prioritize, organize, delegate, and follow up on assigned shift tasks. Maintain spacing, cleanliness and orderliness of cashier lanes. Keep the counter, shelves and stocked areas neat and clean to include dusting of shelves and merchandise.
4. Conduct preventive store maintenance and basic repairs.
5. Promote store safety.
6. Close out and maintain arcade machines. Promote use and signage.
7. Serve as Acting Store Manager during Manager absences.
8. Performs administrative tasks to include bookkeeping, payroll, record and file maintenance and daily bank deposits.
9. Supervise staff, training and scheduling.
10. Assist with new employee training and orientation as directed by the manager.
11. Completes inventory and ordering.
Grocery Merchandiser Duties -
12. Order product, identify and ensure accurate pricing and maintain product inventory.
a) Orders merchandise for the location, using proper buildups.
b) Does the vendor check in, cross checking order with items received. Check in items by line number.
c) Invoice entry and auditing for correct cost and retail.
d) Put order away once the cross-reference is completed.
e) Correct and maintain all product pricing, daily if necessary; including down load price changes from G-site, cooler pricing, mark ups/downs, white tag items, product tag numbers updated, track updated and discontinued items.
f) Maintain backstock at minimum level.
g) Print price books.
h) Maintain PLU's
i) Keep product rotated, fresh and check expiration dates. Remove and discard unauthorized product.
j) Return guaranteed items.
13. Maintain displays and signage
a) Compile and promote top seller list.
b) Cross merchandise displays.
c) Build imaginative displays using all available space.
d) Set per schematic - aid from vendors.
e) Maintain proper usage and ordering of all DSD displays, gondola sections, etc.
f) Maintain correct and complete promo signage - in store and out. (Reader boards, pump toppers, handle ads, building signage, banner, inside sales, etc.)
g) Relays of merchandise.
h) Set up extra Ad items.
14. Maintain cigarette store: ads, merchandise, compliance contracts, product dating, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the area of supervision and retail operations with a strong background in sales and marketing is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to work in cooler up to one hour.
Town Pump - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard