Qualifications & Skills:
- Performs daily setup, adjustment and shutdown of base-cover ultrasonic welders.
- Adjusts/maintains welders during production, to meet goals for:
- Quality: as measured by welding yield
- Capacity: as measured by welding downtime
- Documents daily process data on Manufacturing forms/paperwork, and enters production data into data-tracking spreadsheets.
- Quickly identifies issues/failures/defects during routine manufacturing, and either resolves or elevates in a timely manner to the Lead Technician.
- Completes weekly preventive maintenance on base-cover ultrasonic welders.
- Performs welder setup for bead-calibration builds and other special builds.
- Maintains inventory of supplies for welding process (cork, tape, and other ancillary materials).
- Assists Manufacturing staff with other manufacturing activities, on an as-needed basis, when not occupied with primary function of welder operation.
- High School diploma; Associates Degree in a scientific/technical discipline a strong plus
- Flexible schedule required - must be available to work either day, swing or 3rd shift
- Sufficient mechanical aptitude to perform welder adjustments as described in work instructions.
- Able to work independently and complete assigned tasks with minimal routine supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and reproducibility of operations and product.
- Able to perform microscope inspection of parts, up to several hours per day.
- Able to read, understand and follow manufacturing work instructions without deviation or non-conformance.
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken English.
- Strong team player.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Windows.
- Able to keep workspace clean and organized.