Field Construction Manager with Wireless Telecom Experience (LTE/UMTS) for New Site Builds. This position is accountable for the successful construction execution for subcontract projects. This position has authority to allocate resources and make construction decisions for the assigned area in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual commitments. Direction Received: Frequent, Senior Level Construction Manager or Operations Manager |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Accountable for site safety, quality, schedule and cost on assigned projects. This position is responsible for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned construction project execution. Must be able to perform accurate material and scope take off’s. Must be able to reconcile construction activities and manage scope change during construction. A strong understanding of construction practices and organizational skills is a must.
Accountable for managing the overall project execution performance including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities in the roll include:
• Serves as single-point of contact, between the Lead Construction Manager and construction
• Providing oversight of construction execution on all assigned construction projects
• Must be able to maintain and managing sub contractor relationships. Assuring that work is
performed in accordance with project requirements.
• Must be able to take corrective action as necessary.
• Will be required to develop detailed material take offs and scope of services lists from
RFDS’s and Engineered drawings.
• Must track and coordinate material delivery, schedule construction, and drive completion
to meet schedule and budget expectations.
• Reports project status and performance data as required to management.
• Identify and assesses improvement opportunities, which will add value.
2 years with a degree or 3 + years of relevant Must have Wireless and OSP/ISP telecommunication industry experience. Construction Experience required Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering experience preferred, or relevant experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
•3+ years of relevant Wireless (LTE/UMTS) and OSP/ISP telecommunication experience
•Construction Experience required.
•Must be knowledgeable in quality construction practices.
•Knowledge and experience in wireless construction and telecommunication technology.
•Strong interpersonal skills required.
•Experience/knowledge of Quality, Cost, Safety, and Schedule management required.
•Travel may be required as well as the ability to commit to long-term on site assignments.
•Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project.
•Coordinates with subcontractors the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in
conjunction with the Lead Construction Manager.
Black & Veatch - 22 months ago
One of the US's largest private companies, Black & Veatch (BV) is a leading global engineering, consulting, and construction firm...