Global Close & Reporting Controls Team Lead
This Oregon-based position will report to the Global Close & Reporting (C&R) Operations and Controls Manager within the GAFS (Global Accounting Financial Services) C&R Organization. This position is responsible for SOX Area lead responsibilities of the Global C&R organization, the scope of which includes External Reporting, Compensation & Benefits Accounting, Corporate Consolidations, etc., and direct supervision of the Oregon-based C&R Controls team. The scope of the C&R Controls team includes business ownership and global administration of AssureNET (Intel's global application utilized for account reconciliation, account monitoring and legal entity financial statement review), BPM process ownership of global account reconciliations, and various controls auditing and monitoring activities, both operational and SOX related. This high visibility position has significant interaction with Global Corp & Ops Finance, Internal Audit, External Audit, and SPO (SOX Program Office) and presents regularly to the SOX MRC and GAFS management.
Responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Planning and keeping the day-to-day work flowing for a team of 3 control analysts (grades 3-6)
- Overseeing the business operations surrounding AssureNET, including acting as key liaison with IT for upgrade and enhancement projects.
- SOX activities, including associated planning and coordination of IA, EY and management testing, review of key controls and presentations to SPO/404 MRC (annual plan, quarterly 302, ad hoc).
A minimum of a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 to 6 years of practical accounting experience. An M.B.A. and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), as well as prior supervisory experience would be an added advantage. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong risk management and controls skills; SOX and/or Controls background a plus
- Ability to manage time and resources in a complex environment, following through on details and work across organizations and geographies to identify and remove roadblocks
- Solid financial analysis and analytics and problem solving skills
- Strong business partnering skills, crisp and concise communication to various level
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations and work through various complexities
Feb 8, 2013
As a member of the Finance team, employees act as a full partner in making and supporting business decisions that are aimed at maximizing shareholder value. Intel Finance has a strong focus on facilitating change and improvement both within finance and in the operations supported.
US Close & Reporting is part of the GAFS (Global Accounting and Financial Services) Close and Reporting Organization within Corporate Finance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.
Intel - 22 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...