Assoc. Project Manager
Job ID #: 23590
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Engineering
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 3-5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
As a GIS Project Coordinator at Expedia, you’ll be a key member of an Account Management Team whose primary responsibilities include the plannning and coordination of technical infrastructure implementations in support of our business partners. You will leverage your project and technical skills while working closely with project managers, engineers, and techniciancs to develop and deliver solutions that move Expedia forward.
- Work with the GIS Account Management Team to understand our internal customer's requirements. Provide end-to-end service request management in delivery of the customers infrastructure needs.
- Plan and Coordinate work efforts with the infrastructure delivery teams. Manage and report on multiple comepeteing tasks and keep the GIS Account Management Team, customers , and stakeholders appraised of request status and timelines. Drive solutions to successful completion.
- Attend and organize regular status meetings and prepare weekly status reports for customer and mangement consumption.
- Form effective working realtionships with customers, peers, and partners.
- Provide leadership in improving processes and creating efficiencies consistent with standard industry best practices.
- Author high-quality documentation
-3 + years experience working in a Information Technology environment
-Experience with project/prpogram management, project coordination, systems analysis, or similar skill set required
-Should have knowledge of key infrastructure components: servers, data centers, networks, storage, etc...
-Experience with ITIL, Service management/delivery , serv ice and service catalog design are big pluses
-Process analyst experience, or exeperience with process improvement strongly desired
-Technical knowlede an experience with operating sytems, networked storage architectures (SAN, NAS, iSCSI), virtulization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, Virtuozzo), network ing, etc... are pluses
- Must be a self-starter capable of working independently to meet deadlines in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Must posses the ability to work effectively with ambiguity.
- Must have excellent verbl and written communication skills and the ability to produce quality engineering-level documentation.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- Expereince in technology infrastructure with other large ecommerce and technology companies would be relevant.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience is desired.
Core Competencies :
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...