• To understand plant load in the short, medium and long term and set the commodity strategies to ensure suitable high quality capacity is in place.
• To be responsible for all vendor development activity related to the various commodities and minimize risk by following set Purchasing Procedure to ensure successful implementation. The person will be expected to work closely with the Supplier Development Group (SDG) to ensure all known risks have been mitigated prior to the supplier becoming fully functional on the Quality Approved Vendor List (AVL).
• Ensuring at all times vendor delivery, quality and cost performances adhere to Purchasing and Plant Management expectations for the Berwick plant. Will be responsible for improving vendor quality by ensuring supply and implementation of robust CPAR’s in the event of client found non-conformities.
• Pro-actively manage process improvements including Vendor Categorization Initiative and Lean Wins.
• Support the buyers, at the discretion of the Purchasing Manager, to ensure buyer Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved.
• Carry out continuous improvement projects including lead-time reduction projects etc.
• Ensure Contracts are put in place using SAP and taking into consideration the benefits of using auto PO and auto requisition.
• Ensuring purchasing best practice techniques are developed, rolled out and utilized in the aim of achieving company objectives.
• Development and implementation of cost reduction strategies to support ever increasing customer demands.
• Cover for the Purchasing Manager when required; including representation at Management meetings and the preparation and presentation of materials to Senior Management
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
• High school Diploma; Degree desirable
• APICS or equivalent desirable
• SAP experience desirable
• Microsoft Literate with excellent analytical skills
• Minimum of 2 years relevant purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven and demonstrative negotiation ability
• Proven strategic development work in a Purchasing / Supply Chain environment
• Experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical / Aerospace / Automotive industry is preferred.
• Ability to think strategically and logically.
• Creative with strong problem solving, project management and decision making ability.
• Competent in analytical and evaluative techniques.
• Strong, confident communicator capable of operating at all levels.
• Team player.