ability, and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to identify a need for and know where or how to gather, organize, update, and maintain information.
- Ability to participate and cooperate with others to achieve goals and be trusted by others to do his or her allocated share of the work.
- Ability to recognize or use correct English grammar, punctuation and spelling, and communicate information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications [i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc...) and WordPerfect Office Suite.
- Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted with the approval of the COTR. At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; *Trial experience very helpful. *At least one year of experience in automated litigation support (i.e. Concordance).
- Requires sound working knowledge of legal system, legal research procedures and sources of information.
- Requires excellent analytic
The Employee will assist the Trial Unit and perform the following duties but not limited to:
- Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing,database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications. *Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of small office items.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Desired skills *Active security clearance, preferred. Specific Job Description This position is in support of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) at the Regional Office located in Washington, DC at 100 F Street, NE, Washington, DC 20549.
The Employee should also: (1) be thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; (2) be able to identify a need for and know where or how to gather, organize, update, and maintain information; (3) participate and cooperate with others to achieve goals and be trusted by others to do his or her allocated share of the work; and (4) recognize or use correct English grammar, punctuation and spelling, and communicate information that is appropriate for the intended audience. Standard Job Description Paralegal/Legal Assistant II Security Clearance Public Trust Typical Minimums NA LMCareers Business Unit ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200) Business Area Info Systems & Global Sol Program Mega 3 (SEC) Department 7254024:BPS - SCA Labor Pool Job Class Legal Job Category Hourly/Non-Exempt City Washington State District of Columbia Virtual No Relocation Available No Work Schedule STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Req Type Task Order/IDIQ Direct/Indirect Direct Shift First
- Effectively and efficiently log, index, organize and maintain documents and information (e.g. investigative files and discovery productions) within a timeframe appropriate to meet investigation, litigation, court or external deadlines; obtain and maintain all required document production certifications, declarations or affidavits.
- Effectively and efficiently assist in the review of documents and testimony to identify relevant evidence for the investigation or litigation and compile and organize accurate and complete exhibits from investigative or litigation records within a timeframe appropriate to meet investigation, litigation, court or external deadlines.
- Effectively and efficiently provide support and participation during litigation and/or investigation activities by coordinating logistics, maintaining exhibits and transcripts, and/or assisting in pretrial preparations and assisting at trial.
- Conduct accurate and complete research using available reference sources and provide analyses in the requested format within a timeframe appropriate to meet investigation, litigation, court or external deadlines.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate information needed to complete tasks by providing timely status updates and keeping others apprised of changing conditions and emerging issues that impact the work of the team or project deadlines.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 14 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...