This integral position in the firm is responsible for receiving and processing mail, faxes and emails from debtors, debtor’s attorneys or debt settlement companies, third parties and the courts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities : Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Determines if mail should be routed to a collector or an attorney.
- Summarizes contents of mail into system
- Prioritize mail based on deadlines
- Assign files to attorneys based on file type, client requirements and jurisdiction.
- Coordinates appropriate follow up reviews for attorneys
- Adds and updates the docket of court appearances
- Handle incoming faxes and emails and directs to the proper personnel
- Contact courts when necessary to obtain information
- Have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Are detail-oriented and organized
- Handle high work volume efficiently
- Able to multi-task upon request
- Handle highly confidential matters and documents with discretion
JB&R offers a comprehensive benefits program including health insurance, 401(k) profit sharing, life insurance, and short and long-term disability.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Paralegal certification (preferred)
- Knowledge of legal documents and procedures (preferred)
You can learn more about Javitch, Block & Rathbone at www.jbandr.com
Javitch, Block & Rathbone - 30+ days ago
Javitch, Block & Rathbone offers full service representation in the area of commercial and residential Landlord/Tenant relations. We are...