Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,100 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
Throughout the firm’s history, Gannett Fleming has worked with the majority of transit agencies and freight rail companies in the U.S. to plan, design, and build a variety of systems that help move people and goods. Today, the firm’s Transit & Rail Practice is working on projects such as the PHX™ Sky Train project in Arizona, the Greater Richmond Transit Company bus operations and maintenance facility in Richmond, Va., the Pittsburgh North Shore Connector project in Pittsburgh, Pa., the Dallas Area Rapid Transit Rowlett Extension project in Dallas, Texas, the New Mexico Rail Runner Express commuter rail line extension in New Mexico, and new assignments implementing positive train control for several clients. In addition, the firm is positioned to help further enhance the nation’s mobility with the integration of high-speed rail systems throughout the country. It’s an exciting time to join our firm!
We are currently looking for a Transit Project Manager in the Washington DC metropolitan area. This individual will have direct responsibility for engineering/architectural design development and construction implementation of regional transit facilities projects.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 15 years experience in engineering and management in the planning, design, and construction of transit and intermodal facilities. Must have experience and a proven track record of successfully managing large scale rail & transit projects, providing oversight and direction to multi-disciplined teams and possess strong management and leadership skills capable of driving the successful completion of projects and strengthening market share by meeting or exceeding client expectations. A successful candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplined groups along with the ability to build consensus and fostering strong relationships.
A typical day may include leading or assisting in the preparation of project designs, leading or assisting in the management of project resources to successfully execute and deliver project work, while implementing client focused strategies. Apply highly technical skills as a subject matter expert in the coordination of planning, design, construction, value engineering, cost estimating, risk assessment, and/or scheduling. Provide expert opinion, prepare high level reports and deliver presentations.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related fields.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) strongly preferred
- Structural engineering background strongly preferred
- 15 plus years progressive experience leading and managing large scale infrastructure primarily in railway and transit facilities design with major public agencies such as Proven abilities to lead engineers and other professionals across multiple disciplines, driving the successful completion engineering deliverables within client expectations and under contract obligations including budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical and contractual aspects of design and design-build projects
- Ability to lead and manage multidiscipline teams effectively
- Strong client management and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming is a global infrastructure firm that provides planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a...