- Collaborate with manager, external users and other developers to clarify and finalize requirements and produce corresponding functional specifications for general applications and infrastructure.
- Work with other software developers to design and implement applications, using Java code, and enhancements as needed.
- Maintain and enhance applications on an ongoing basis per user/customer feedback.
- Ensure that unit and system tests are automated, per quality assurance requirements.
- Collaborate as necessary to define and implement regression test suites.
- Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business goals of application and environment.
- 8+ years of Java coding experience for technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with JDK 1.4 and up, J2EE, EJB, Struts, Ant/Maven, XML, Web Services, MVC, and SQL
- Experience with IDE Eclipse desired
- Experience with TortoiseSVN desired
- Experience with RDBMS preferably Oracle and IBM-DB2, integrating databases in middle-tier application server architecture
- Experience in Retail domain, 360Commerce Framework, Oracle Retail Point of Sale (ORPOS), BackOffice or CentralOffice applications a plus
- Excellent object oriented software systems design skills and architectural skills
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in where needed. This may mean on occasion helping with other functions (e.g. QA, Operations)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
- Masters of Science or Bachelors of Science with 5 years experience in Computer Science or related field.
Starmount - 17 months ago
Starmount software solutions bring the richness of the Web and the power of mobile into the store, where retailers can create more...