Responsible for maintaining participation and/or coordination, consultation and technical support of data systems to include the Quality Core Measure, VTE, SCIP, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, AMI, HBIPS, Asthma Care, Stroke, Perinatal, and Hospital Outpatient. May be assigned to coordinate other performance measures as needed. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Bachelor's degree in a clinical health care field or 5 years experience in clinical care is required. Must have knowledge of medical terminology. Requires skill in problem solving, analysis of data and computer applications (word processing, spreadsheet/graphing, presentations). Must be able to work independently, have excellent communication, presentation, and human relation skills. Quality improvement experience is desirable.
Must maintain any certification/licensure as required by profession.
Job Specific Competencies
- Handles the departmental abstraction process by interpreting chart data to ensure data integrity, identifies trends to ensure a consistent data collection methodology, and works to resolve discrepancies
- Collects detailed data, codes appropriately, and enters data into database to prepare a complete and accurate record for all patients
- Develops and implements processes to collect, monitor, analyze and report quality improvement and safety information consistent with internal and external needs (public reporting)
- Coordinates the reporting of data to departments and service areas and prepares relevant statistical reports
- Provides quality improvement consultation services and education to Sanford employees as they relate to data integrity and data collection efforts
- Assists in the preparation for and participates in hospital surveys and inspections by government and authorized agencies
- Works on other projects as assigned by department leadership
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements