Clinical Nurse Manager, Full-Time, Days, Surgery, Edmond
Clinical Nurse Manager, Full-Time, Days, Surgery, INTEGRIS Health Edmond. Current Oklahoma RN License Associates degree in Nursing required; Bachelors degree preferred. 3 years clinical nursing experience. Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
Clinical Nurse Manager
Job Code: 0199
The Clinical Nurse Manager is responsible for providing clinical leadership and management in one or more departments of nursing. The Clinical Nurse Manager is continuously responsible for patient care functions, in collaboration with other health care professionals. This position requires population related competencies Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Clinical Nurse Manager oversees department functions including, but not limited to the following:
* Supervises department staff, including hiring, training evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Develops/revises department nursing policies and procedures
* Reviews daily unit schedules to ensure adequate nursing staff
* Assumes responsibility for management duties in absence of Director
* Utilizes the nursing process to assure quality patient care
* Responsible for patient safety and risk management of the unit
* Serves as a liaison between patients/families and other members of the health team
* Monitors financial indicators to control expense for labor, supplies, and other variable costs
The Clinical Nurse Manager reports to the assigned Director.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects) Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes Seeing: Yes Hearing: Yes Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to human specimens, urine, blood and body fluids/secretions, communicable diseases, and needles. Must follow standard precautions.
* Current Oklahoma RN License
* Associates degree in Nursing required; Bachelors degree preferred
* National cerification in specialty area preferred
* 3 years clinical nursing experience
* Nursing management experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
INTEGRIS is a not-for-profit organization and the state's largest private Oklahoma-owned health system with nearly 9,000 employees working...