This position provides analytical and technical support to Payroll and Payroll clients by balancing the Payroll and Payroll GL, fulfilling ad hoc reporting requests, processing regular and special payroll input files (e.g. Bonus files, One-time payments), problem research and resolution, and Payroll Foundation Table maintenance
This position is also responsible for the periodic user acceptance testing of PeopleSoft Tax Releases and other complex payroll program changes. This process includes the creation and execution of detailed test plans.
This position requires the writing of procedures, the Coordination of data gathering for SOX reporting, and acting as a subject matter expert (SME) for Payroll processors.
Also assists in special projects including acquisitions.
- Balancing the Payroll and Payroll GL requires a thorough knowledge of the payroll process and payroll interfaces for all OpCos on the MMCo Payroll. Balancing includes Weekly, Semi-Monthly and Off-Cycle Payrolls. All differences must be analyzed and resolved. Communication with business groups to resolve issues is often necessary.
- User Acceptance Testing of PeopleSoft Tax Updates and other programming changes requiring the creation and execution of detailed test plans. Test plans are created with oversight from the Payroll Tax Compliance Manager.
- Maintains PeopleSoft foundation tables including Company, Department, Location, Earnings and Deduction Codes. This position requires frequent contact with other business groups (HR, Accounting, Global Benefits, Compensation) to fulfill their requests for new codes and changes to existing data.
- Develops and executes ad hoc reports requested by business groups and accounting areas. This position requires a thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft Query and the use of TOAD report writing.
- Supports Payroll with the import and uploading of regular and special payroll input files for the Weekly, Semi-Monthly and Off-Cycle payrolls.
- Assists with special projects including acquisitions and divestitures.
College Degree or equivalent experience.
3+ years of payroll experience plus systems experience.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical):
- Strong payroll operations knowledge
- System Testing knowledge
- Strong analytic, quantitative, problem solving, and process design skills
- Customer Service Focus
- Extensive PeopleSoft system knowledge
- Strong PeopleSoft Query and TOAD skills
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- PeopleSoft 9.1 experience
- Strong knowledge of MMCo GHR’s operating procedures.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 6 months ago
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...