ABM Facility Services is looking for a Data Center Facility Manager for our Rock Hill, SC location.
Responsible for managing the day to day operations and maintenance of data center facilities to ensure the operations, maintenance, and vendor management standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. Works in cooperation with customer’s local and extended management. Responsible for managing local facility operations in accordance with approved operating guidelines and managing the corresponding budget. Leads an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) facility staff and subcontractors.
This position will require leadership and management skills but will also require hands-on execution of necessary tasks with the subordinate team. Ensures that all facilities are operated and maintained in a cost-effective and safe condition in accordance with the approved budget and the customer’s requirements to fulfill O&M contractual obligations. Maintains a proactive relationship with customer and understands business needs of the customer. Reviews and approves expenditures for tools, equipment, supplies, materials and additional contract requirements. Assist with preparation of facility budget. Manages appropriate inventory of repair parts and supplies in accordance with company policies. Oversees and executes the Move-Add-Change and Conference Room set-up requirements as requested by the customer. Manages, directs and schedules day-to-day and long-range activities for assigned facilities and ensures that the O&M staff is properly following processes and procedures. Manages and supervises facility personnel including hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management. Plans, directs, and monitors the performance objectives of Operations and Maintenance personnel. May establish process performance metrics; tracking, analyzing, and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety, cost, and customer satisfactions. May take corrective action to bring about required change and ensure contract requirements have been executed at a level above the specified standards. Resolves problems and/or conflicts and maintains open communication with the client including providing regular written and oral reports to ensure satisfaction. Manages subcontractor specifications, problems/issues, performance and administration. Provides technical expertise and guidance to O&M staff and manages resolution of complex problems. Provides the technical and management direction for all Facility Management services and utilizes all resources (i.e. Corporate, Account, Procurement, etc.) to reduce costs and increases satisfaction. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards. Performs other duties as required. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent maintenance experience required.
- Five years of facility management or building operations experience required with three years of supervisory experience in management, budgeting, vendor management, operations and maintenance required.
- Must have a maintenance background within a critical systems environment.
- Knowledge of plant equipment including pumps, compressors, blowers, and HVAC SYSTEMS.
- Knowledge of structural and mechanical construction.
- Understanding of blueprints and facility plans.
- Understanding of basic forecasting and budgeting.
- Understanding of EPA and OSHA related codes and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage and train entry-level personnel.
- Able to deal with customers and others at all levels.
- Knowledge of ABM procedures and policies.
- Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
- May require limited travel.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 10 months ago