Michael Baker Jr. Inc., an engineering unit of Michael Baker Corporation, seeks an Administrative Assistant II for our Anchorage, Alaska office.
The Administrative Assistant will provide Administrative support to an office of Engineering Design and GIS Professionals and/or Manager. Duties include general clerical, receptionist and project based work. The Administrative Assistant will manage the front office area and project a professional image through in-person and phone interaction. Duties include:
1. Answers all main line calls and transfers to appropriate team member.
2. Answers and screens manager’s telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
3. Meets and greets clients and visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
4. Creates, modifies and analyzes moderately complex information for inclusion in reports or presentations using computer programs not limited to Microsoft Office.
5. Performs general clerical duties to include, but not limited to: photocopying, scanning faxing, mailing and filing.
6. Organizes and maintains filing system and files correspondence and other records.
7. Composes types and copies outgoing correspondence, including e-mails, scans and faxes.
8. Signs for and distributes US/Fed Ex/Airborne packages.
9. Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
10. Researches, prices, and purchases office furniture and supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
11. Coordinates and maintains records for staff office space, corporate apartment, fleet vehicles, phones, company credit cards and office keys.
12. Sets up and coordinates meetings and conferences.
13. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
14. Supports staff in assigned project-based work.
15. Processes all invoices, prepares cash reports and checks.
16. Maintains all office supplies and building maintenance needs.
17. Other duties as assigned.
· GED or High School Diploma (Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required)
· 2-4 years of related experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite – including the ability to develop and update moderately sophisticated Excel spreadsheets, document formatting, PowerPoint, MS Project and SharePoint Sites
Michael Baker International - 20 months ago