Unix/Linux Systems Administrator (EDC)-724746
Level: Sr. Associate
Responsible for engineering process and procedure enhancements of new/additional activities related to the support of enterprise Unix and Linux environments. Works with project, partner, vendor and other production support teams to determine process and procedure definitions needed to establish and maintain servers including current and emerging technologies. Works independently and with other team members as needed. Supports ongoing efforts from a day-to-day standpoint.
- Work with business partners and other groups to identify technical and functional improvements of system and determine priority of needs
- Provide consultation to projects as required
- Evaluate technology, processes and procedures for opportunities of improvement
- Develop procedures for new installs, new software releases and system upgrades. Evaluates and installs patches and resolves software-related problems. Helps troubleshoot operating system problems
- Help with fine-tuning systems to achieve optimum performance levels
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
- Document and comply with operationally defined governance and controls
- Track and prioritize activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Communicate via written and verbal methods to manager level and above
- Liaison with project, partner, vendor, and other production support teams for coordination of efforts
- Hands on Unix/Linux administration
- Participate in Oncall rotation as required
- Assists in other duties as needed and directed
3+ years of experience in hands on Unix/Linux support
Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or Computers
3+ years of experience in a large data center operations
3+ years of experience with AIX
3+ years of experience with Redhat Linux
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Texas-Plano-DFW-Tollway I (31002)
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Volo-Chicago-Volo Data Center (35053)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting :Unposting Date :
Capital One - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...