The Senior Civil Engineer will perform as Project Engineer and/or Project Manager, and is responsible for the coordination and implementation of roadway design elements including project management, preparation of plans and specifications, agency coordination and public involvement/outreach principally for major freeway projects. Will provide geometric expertise, and have strong skills associated with Roadway Grading, Paving, Drainage Design, Signalization, Signage, and issues associated with Maintenance of Traffic.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for technical management of Phase I and Phase II highway and local roads design engineering projects.
- Prepare roadway design plans, profiles, and geometric layout designs.
- Prepare plans, special provisions and estimates.
- Responsible for subconsultant and client liaison, public involvement and outreach.
- Responsible for project correspondence and coordination of contract documents.
- Training and oversight of staff engineers.
- Participate in field reviews and data collection, traffic studies and traffic forecasting.
- Additional related assignments.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, a P.E. license and a minimum of 15 years experience in all elements of roadway design including roadway geometrics, developing intersection and drainage designs, construction staging design, pavement marking design, landscape and erosion control design, and utility coordination and conflict resolution. Significant experience required on design of controlled access roadways. Requires a thorough knowledge of IDOT policies and procedures, particularly on access-controlled roadway systems. Must be conversant in Micro Station and Geopak, demonstrate strong skills with use of various drainage software and exhibit the ability to develop project schedules, manage and monitor daily work tasks of staff, and coordinate the efforts of sub consultants. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare comprehensive engineering reports are a must.
T.Y. Lin International - 13 months ago