Assist Digital and Planning Supervisor and Senior Digital Media Buyer in planning, buying and coordinating digital media campaigns for assigned Business Unit(s) and Division(s). Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary department to use research (both internal customer research and external), and historical campaign performance to strategically develop and optimize digital media briefs and plans. Ensure digital media plans reflect current digital media consumption habits in the Business Unit(s)/ Division(s) for which digital campaigns are required. Partner with Digital Media team members to identify digital opportunities that make best use of digital media budgets. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions :
- Work with Digital & Planning Supervisor and Senior Digital Media Buyer in the strategic development and implementation of digital media campaigns including the following: display, mobile, video, paid search, social media, and remarketing.
- Along with Digital & Planning Supervisor and Senior Digital Media Buyer, responsible for the annual investment of digital media expenditures for assigned Business Unit(s) and Division(s), ensuring activities are executed on time and on budget.
- Advocate for the integration of digital campaigns and strategies into assigned Business Unit(s), and Divisional plans.
- Receive direction from Digital & Planning Supervisor and Senior Digital Media Buyer regarding customer behavior integration and strategic vision to ensure media plans are aligned with brand/marketing strategy. Identify target consumers based on Customer Insights, and develop digital media strategies to drive our branding/marketing initiatives.
- Apply knowledge of competitive set, consumer trends and business needs, both short and long term, to identify new ways of connecting with Customers and driving engagement.
- As directed and overseen by Digital & Planning Supervisor and Senior Digital Media Buyer, develop and present recommendations, evaluations, POVs and media analyses to stakeholder(s).
- Coordinate projects and digital media requests with Account Services and assigned Business Unit(s) and Divisional contacts to determine creative and landing page content needs.
- Communicate buy specifications and deadlines to the Digital Media Team. Collaborate with the team to establish campaign set-up procedures for smooth execution.
- Effectively negotiate with site vendors to achieve optimal conversion rates and cost-per-activity. Communicate regularly with site vendors on campaign performance and optimizations, delivery status, insertion orders, setting up team meetings.
- Monitor media campaigns with Digital Media Team and when needed, schedule campaign performance meetings as necessary. Continually work to improve and optimize all digital campaigns.
- Maintain media reporting needs for assigned campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Digital Media Buyers for buying insight, specifications in their respective markets, campaign monitoring and reviewing campaign performance reports.
- Communicate regularly with department leadership, ensuring strategy and projects are on track, gaining support and guidance.
- Master planning tools such as DART, Nielsen Online, Google Planning Tools, etc.
- For assigned campaigns, manage the billing process for setting up estimates, tracking campaign financials, resolve billing discrepancies, and ensuring payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Assist with special projects.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or related field.
- 2 years minimum experience in digital media planning/buying; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and developing others.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel independently.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 3 years minimum experience in digital media planning/buying; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using industry media planning tools: TNS, DDS/Strata/DataTech, MRI, Simmons, Nielsen Digital, ComScore, Google Tools, etc…
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Senior Digital Media Buyer
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.