This position provides a variety of laundry attending, cleaning services and other related duties required to keep remote industrial housing facilities, food service areas, office facilities, or similar areas in a clean and orderly condition. All duties are to be performed in accordance with NMS’ mission, vision, and values as well as housekeeping policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participates in and supports corporate safety programs.
- Cleans such areas as sleeping rooms according to an occupancy report.
- This position may require cleaning of indoor and / or outdoor smoking lounges.
- Details closet spaces, tables, chairs, heaters in all rooms, above closet space and overhead lights, and bed boards.
- Thoroughly cleans men's and women's bathrooms and laundry rooms using proper cleaning techniques.
- Vacuums all occupied areas.
- Uses appropriate equipment and cleaning solutions for all tasks.
- Reviews various cleaning schedules to determine required duties.
- Removes and transports trash to the appropriate disposal areas.
- May remove linen, towels, and trash from various areas.
- May clean various types of other areas such as general offices.
- May restock sleeping rooms and bathrooms, verifying that towels, sheets and blankets are available for each appropriate room.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
Certain position(s) require a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past 3 years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy
MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, A POST OFFER PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
Background position ranking skill levels:
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 90 days documented employment in past 6 months demonstrating:
- Performance of moderate to intense physical labor
- Successful employment in the service industry
- Successful participation in a corporate safety program
- The ability to work rotating shifts on a two weeks on/two weeks off schedule
- The ability to work strenuous 12 hour days for a minimum of 14 days straight
- The ability to tolerate exposure to laundry and cleaning chemicals and solutions
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients and co-workers
- Some education or experience that evidences a working knowledge of cleaning equipment and general cleaning processes.
Language skills sufficient to:
1. Read a limited number of 2 to 3 syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and series of number. 2. Print and speak simple sentences. 3. Communicate orally and in writing.
Math skills sufficient to
add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's including using these operations with units of American money and weight measurement or volume.
Reasoning abilities sufficient to:
1. Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple 1 to 2 step instructions. 2. Deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. 3. Work effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
Incumbents are regularly required to walk, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Incumbents are occasionally required to climb, balance, talk, and hear. Incumbents must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision. Incumbents are occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, wet humid non-weather conditions, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is usually quiet. Incumbents must have the physical stamina to work long shift for extended periods of time.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status:
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions
NMS USA - 14 months ago