7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday
Responsible for operating computer, computer-related hardware and other operations area equipment. Performs support activities in computer operations. Process packages to be shipped to Clients and complete requests submitted by internal departments for end users.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and controls a computer console to process and complete jobs.
- Investigates error conditions in computer processing, equipment malfunction and/or network (on-line) performance in order to determine and/or apply the required corrective procedure or action.
- Maintains the physical inventory of computer operations supplies in a designated storage area and keeps the various operations areas stocked with the supplies necessary for daily production.
- Sets up, prepares, operates and performs preventive maintenance tasks on tape drives, computer on-line microfiche, disk units, printers, bursters, decollators, inserters, postage meters, microfiche viewers, and similar devices.
- Controls and monitors the on-line network from the central network control center.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of work, training, and experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Assists in performing routine tasks associated with operating a computer in accordance with detailed instructions. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three (3) years of experience. Typically reports to a Computer Operations Supervisor.
- Knowledge of operator procedures for applications and operating system software
- Knowledge of off-line and peripheral equipment operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of procedures for using supplies and maintaining inventory
- Skill in controlling processing through central console
- Skill in maintaining a continuous production level
- Skill in following oral and written technical instructions
- Skill in maintaining complete, accurate written records
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
US-AR-Little Rock AR
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...