Responsible for analyzing and rendering dispositions on mortgage loan credit applications. Works within guidelines set by the Bank, investors, standard guidelines established by FNMA, FHLMC and FHA. Works within guidelines set by the Bank, investors, standard guidelines established by FNMA, FHLMC and FHA. Serves as a resource expert and applies sound judgment by providing assistance in the resolution of issues where there may be no established policies and procedures.
The level of work is considered lead level and staff work under general supervision. This position has no direct reports.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Acts as team lead to the Mortgage Underwriters. This includes training and checking the work of other employees. Handles more complex issues that escalate from the Underwriter I and Underwriter II levels.
2. Performs pre-closing credit analysis on loan documentation submitted for underwriting. Ensures all required documentation is present to validate AUS findings. Performs detailed analysis of property valuation. Ensures all additional Bank and investor requirements are met on each loan transaction. Ensures all compliance guidelines and documentation requirements are met.
3. Ensures all third party resources are reviewed to validate critical risk components of the mortgage credit file. Reviews AVM, IRS tax transcripts and any other third party resource utilized to validate accuracy of data in the mortgage credit file.
4. Performs additional duties as required
Working Conditions And Demands (If Applicable):
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years of related work experience, in underwriting residential mortgage loans
- Customer service skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to independently evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- General knowledge of Bank products and processes.
- Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business.
- Attendance and punctuality required in accordance with Bank practices
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Cole Taylor Bank - 18 months ago
This company is tailor-made for small and midsized business owners. Taylor Capital Group is the holding company for Cole Taylor Bank,...