Multiple positions - multiple locations.
- Reviews and implements Executive Orders 11988: Floodplains and 11990: Wetlands, environmental and historic preservation laws, other executive orders, regulations, standards, policies, and guidelines for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) funded activities.
- Determines the applicable level of National Environmental Policy Act review and prepares related documents.
- Assists in ensuring compliance for FEMA funded activities with environmental and historic preservation laws and executive orders, including Executive Orders 11988 (Floodplains) and 11990 (Wetlands).
- Provides technical expertise and completes 8-step review as outlined under Executive Orders 11988 and 11990 for FEMA funded activities, including: 1)determination of location in a floodplain or wetland, 2) determination of effect on floodplains or wetlands, 3) evaluation of alternatives if located in a floodplain or wetland, 4) prepares and coordinates documentation, public notices, and public involvement, and 5) conducts quality assurance and quality control to oversee contractors assessment reports.
- Serves as a technical specialist on floodplains and wetlands, providing advice and assistance to FEMA program staff, state emergency management staff, Tribal, state, local governments, and eligible private non-profit entities for development, execution, and monitoring of environmental and historic preservation requirements.
- Performs or oversees program administration work, such as technical project monitoring and evaluations, to meet environmental and historic preservation responsibilities.
- Analyzes a wide range of environmental and floodplain, scientific, technical, management, engineering, socio-economic, and legal issdues for all FEMA's programs.
- Serves as Environmental and Historic Preservation advisor, crew leader, or specialist for declared disasters.
To apply, click on the following link: www.newyork.us.jobs (search FEMA)
Monster - 2 years ago