Under general supervision, participates in the technical design and implementation of new products or enhancements. Participates in all phases of the development cycle: concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. May participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, software engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of technical experience in software development or related field; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Works on moderately complex and diverse projects. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies
- Domain and industry knowledge
- All phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation
- Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Able to demonstrate strong skills in the following areas:
- Software design and implementation
- Analysis and design at multiple-project level
- Research, analysis and problem resolution
- Communication and interpersonal
- Organizational and time management
- Able to create deliverables for each phase of the development cycle.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance, while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Able to provide task estimates including effort and cost; able to adjust these estimates as appropriate and necessary.
- Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications a plus and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
- Typical office setting with environmentally controlled conditions.
- Able to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Jack Henry and Associates are expected to:
- Complete quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Jack Henry - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Jack Henry & Associates (JHA) provides integrated in-house and outsourced software systems for data processing to some 12,000 banks,...