Leads in a consultative style to provide a solution that meets the requirements of the customer’s specifications and the submitted project proposal. Projects assigned are highly complex, have a significant cross divisional impact, are broad in scope, and are typically related to core business processes. Directs a program that contains multiple projects and project teams. Each team typically consists of 15+ employees. Directs all aspects of the project, including scope, cost/benefit analysis, written proposal, budgets and schedule.
- Directs the review of project scope, budget, and schedule for compliance with customer specifications. Identifies and presents non-conforming issues to project sponsor and assists in resolution.
- Directs the project scope change management process. Identifies potential risks to the completion of the project, including resources, costs, and systems. Recommends appropriate solutions.
- Directs project team meetings to gather project status information as well as to provide information and guidance to the project team members. Acts as the primary customer contact between the project team and the customer. Mediates
- and resolves project team conflicts.
- Directs appropriate and timely written communications with all project team members, department managers, customers, and IT management throughout the life of the project, through effective use of project information reports, team meeting notes, project gantt charts, risk registers, issue logs, cost data, etc.
- Directs projects ensuring they adhere to the established project methodologies, standards, tools, processes, policies, and procedures. Ensures project management methods are used during initiation, phase-gating, and closure.
- Directs and controls financial budget allocated for project.
- Negotiates with the appropriate department managers for assignment of personnel to the project team.
- Directs the timely execution of major milestone approvals with customer, prepares necessary paperwork to document approvals.
- Facilitates and follows through on all procurement requests for the acquisition of required hardware, software, and services, including delivery requirements and schedules.
- Ensures documentation package is complete, meets the requirements of the customer, and has been delivered to the appropriate personnel.
- Directs the review and approval of all significant project related information prior to release to the customer.
- Directs the coordination of training logistics with customer.
- Directs the “Lessons Learned” review. Identifies team members who should attend and facilitates the meeting.
- Evaluates staff by providing feedback to team members’ functional managers.
- Develops and champions quality program.
- Facilitates staff development by working with team leaders to develop their project management skills.
- Performs other duties as required.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous (5-7 years) experience in managing a wide variety of Information technology projects, including experience in directing technical staff, team members and vendors.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
- Expertise in documentation, presentation tools , and project management tools required.
- Knowledge of business processes and systems to understand the impact of project decisions on business objectives.
- Experience in health care or related industry required.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven Experience using MS Project to run IT projects
Primary Location: Scottsdale, AZ, US
Organization: 10800 - Coventry Management Services
Job Posting: 2013-03-04 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1310258
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...