We are looking for a Database Administrator on behalf of our client, Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Durham, NC.
The Database Administration team within Fidelity PWI Production Support Services organization has an exciting opportunity for a
mid to senior level Oracle DBA. This individual would support the database administration tasks on several key applications serving the PWI products.
The Database Operations team provides 24x7 database administration services from offshore and onsite locations for the PWI core recordkeeping databases supporting products on Fidelity.com and NetBenefits and for numerous data warehouse reporting and analytics databases. This team partners closely with all the PWI IT Production Operations team, FTG/Enterprise Infrastructure teams, and PWI IT Development organizations to provide efficient application rollouts and product stability and availability.
- Database administration and management of medium to large scale database configurations,schemas, and space.
- Rollout new application code / builds in various production and non production Oracle 10g / 11g environments.
- Performance tuning, problem research/resolution, code reviews and deployments, Oracle SQL support, and data movement.
- Experience with Oracle RAC technology on Linux and / or oracle replication is a plus.
- Monitor the database health and performance
- Troubleshooting database issues
- Open & follow-up on Service support tickets with Oracle support.
Education and Experience
- Experience with Oracle 10g & 11g database version.
- Troubleshooting database issues, performance tuning, creation of new 11g database.
- Ability to perform routine Oracle application DBA tasks.
- Experience with Oracle RAC technology on Linux / Oracle replication / Data guard is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent desirable
Veritude - 18 months ago
Based in Boston, with multiple locations across the United States, Veritude was founded in 1986 as the internal staffing resource for...