Amazon.com is currently seeking a highly motivated Oracle Database Administrator. In addition to being responsible for the operation of several production Oracle databases, supporting critical business operations. They may also work on engineering new and novel solutions to improve availability, performance and supportability of databases. This is an opportunity to bring a combination of deep technical knowledge of Oracle combined with an outgoing personality and strong interpersonal skills to bear on a wide range of problems throughout Amazon.com and its subsidiaries.
- 5 or more years of industry experience as an Oracle DBA
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Linux environments
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and performance tuning
- Hands on experience implementing and supporting Oracle FSFO
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions.
- Track record of managing large number of databases.
- PL/SQL experience good to have
- Scripting languages is a plus
- Perl/CGI would be an advantage.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...