Must be an experienced Network Engineer with additional experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System).
Cisco NX-OS for the MDS 9000 and NEXUS 7K, 5K, 2K, IK.
Advanced WAN configuration include: Frame Relay, PPP, ATM, HDLC, and Traffic Shaping.
Advanced LAN configuration include: VLANs, Private VLANs, NBAS, AAA, VTP, EiherChannel, STP,
Internal Routing Protocols include: RIPvl, RIPv2, EIGRP, and OSPF.
Advanced Routing include: BGP Federation, Route Reflectors^ Peer-Groups, Route Influence by Attributes, Multihoming, Route Dampening, and Optimization.
Advanced Router Technology include: IP Access list, NAT, VPN, VoIP, QoS, and Cisco's MQC.
- Virtualization Experience:
In depth experience with VMWare ESX 3 .x and vSphere 4.x, 5.x.
VMWare's Virtual Center and VCenter management console.
VMWare's VIC, DRS, and HA.
VMWare View 4.5,4.6, & 5.0.
SAN experience consists of EMC's Clarion CX-3, CX-4, VNX.
SAN experience consists of NetApp's FAS Filers and Data ONTAP.
Cisco, Brocade, & McData fabric switches for enterprise SAN environments.
Performed both hard and soft zoning depending on DoD STIG requirements in NIPR/SIPR environments (Zoning, Masking, Mapping).
Storage provisioning for VMWare virtualized environments.
Operating Systems include Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000-Windows7, Solaris 10, RedHat 5.2-9, RedHat Fedora Core 1-5.
- Strong on Cisco and Juniper Networking technologies. Riverbed and Citrix Wan optimization highly desirable.
- Background with Firewalls and VPN's a plus!
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
- This positions requires a seasoned Network Engineer to support the Data Center Consolidation program.
- Extra consideration will be given for those that can fill multiple roles.
- Able to work with and contribute to team of seasoned Engineers who understand UNIX, Microsoft OS, Oracle, VM, Networking and Systems of Systems Engineering.
- Capable of Building strategies and solutions for the Navy's network and virtualization projects in support of the Navy's Data Center Consolidation effort.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and ability to architect, install, test, and migrate a network infrastructure in an efficient and timely manner.
- Capable of planning, design, configuration, and properly documenting network deployments using the following systems to meet the customer's objective.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Scientific Research Corporation - 19 months ago
Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide variety...