This position will cover the Woodbridge and Fredericksburg Medical Centers
To perform cash handling audit activities for assigned collection points to ensure management is informed about the status of the qualitative & quantitative measures of their collection activities & control environment.
- Serves as internal business consultant to medical center/facility management to ensure cash collection activities are in compliance w/ policies & procedures & ensures that appropriate corrective action plans are implemented so that performance is in accordance w/ expectations.
- Provides analytical support to medical center/facility management in reviewing collection statistics.
- Identifies & communicates discrepancies as they relate to change funds, clinical transactions & deposits. Ensures that appropriate corrective actions are implemented so that performance is in accordance w/ expectations.
- Reviews co-pay override activity to ensure performance is in accordance w/ policy & procedure. Communicates any corrective actions to medical center/facility management to reduce override activity.
- Performs one-on-one re-training of medical center/facility on front end applications & policies & procedures.
- Effectively communicates strategies, direction, issues & concerns from policymakers to medical center/facility management to ensure open two-way communication.
- Recommends & assists in implementation of new procedures/best practices to improve efficiency & compliance w/ policies & procedures.
- Prepares medical center deposits for armored courier pick-up.
- Reconciles medical center/facility deposits to cash management systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of progressive experience in an accounting, audit, banking, cash collection /control or health care patient business services environment required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent degree or equivalent years of relevant experience may be substituted for the degree required.
- Thorough working knowledge of proper cash collection practices & cash collection control environment required.
- Demonstrated analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving & organizational skills required.
- Ability to travel to various regional locations & medical centers on an as needed basis required.
- Knowledge of health care operations required.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...