General Summary of Duties :
Responsible to greet guests and escort guests to tables in an upbeat, friendly, and courteous manner.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Prolonged standing and sitting. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work may be performed in small areas having a three-foot access. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Greet guest and escort to the appropriate table in accordance with established guidelines and food & beverage standards.
2. Answer the telephone and facilitate guest requests.
3. Using the table management system, manage incoming reservations and restaurant floor.
4. Assist with daily administrative work as per direction of the restaurant manager.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Knowledge of basic food and wine products. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., fax, copier, and telephone) and Table Management system Ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with guests, staff, and management. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
High school education or equivalent.
R elevant experience in high quality, high volume operation preferred.
Food Safety Employee Training required.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach - 2 years ago