"Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being." As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Prepared Foods team, your primary responsibility will be servicing the customers by filling their orders and ensuring they have the freshest products available. In Prepared Foods, you may be working with our salad bar, sandwich area, hot foods or beverage bar. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store including, but not limited to, the Deli and Meat Departments.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations. Prepared Foods team members are also expected to make suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping experience.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product in the prepared foods cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed.
- Accurately record special orders on prepared foods products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining prepared foods cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: $1 - $100k
Education and Training Required
- No High School diploma required
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Hot Ovens
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Hearing (auditory)
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Sight or Peripheral Vision
- Communication (verbal)
- Ice Machine
- Coffee Brewer
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Pressure Hose
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
- Grease Fryers