The Junior Systems Administrator position provides hands on technical support for the network infrastructure of a large government agency. This individual should be a creative problem solver with the ability to identify and resolve moderately complex server and systems issues, including hands on engineering and troubleshooting experience.
The qualified candidate is tasked with the hands on deployment of data center equipment, including router, switches, and servers. Additionally, the systems engineer/administrator will be responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving problems and assuring that requirements are met for new and existing systems in support of engineering and installation. The candidate must display detail-oriented technical skills, strong analytical skills (including log analysis), flexibility and the ability to think creatively while meeting/using industry best practices. The ideal candidate must be familiar with many of the platforms commonly engineered and installed. Position may require working nights and/or weekends to troubleshoot and any other special circumstances and will be located at the Memphis Data Center with occasional travel to the D.C. headquarters possible.
• The candidate will be responsible for deploying and maintaining our client’s physical and virtual network infrastructure in the Memphis Data Center
• Support our client in resolving complex systems issues
• Proactively identify, analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose issues on customer’s network, with the goal of continuous improvement of service delivery
• Document issues and resolution for future reference in the Knowledge Base
• Familiarity with network monitoring and reporting tools (i.e. SCCM/SCOM)
• Team player with positive mental attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to handle impromptu analysis and discussion with client and provide technology strategies / solutions based on industry best practices
• Flexible work schedule to include some weekend and evening work as required
MCITP-EA, CCNA, CCNP certifications
• Virtual Infrastructures (VMWare 5)
• SAN Storage Administration (EMC)
• Windows Server and AD Infrastructure
- Active Directory (2003/2008)
- Windows Server 2003/2008 (physical and virtual)
• PowerShell scripting
• Extensive experience with Dell/HP/Cisco UCX hardware
Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Systems Administrator with demonstrable hands on experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology. Experience can be a substitution for education
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
The MIL Corporation - 12 months ago