Senior Process Engineer-1206164
Organization : Industrial & Transportation Business
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Connecticut-Meriden
Job Type: Experienced
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
Develop new processes in support of new product development and 4X technology platforms. Ensure proper design, build, and qualification of plant and equipment.
Develop new processes to enable new filter media technology to be utilized across multiple new product programs. Particular emphasis is placed on Applied Research support. Successfully demonstrate proof of principle and process feasibility.
Responsible for the conceptualization, development, design, installation, and qualification of manufacturing processes to support new product platforms.
Responsible for the development, and scale-up through manufacturing new processes in support new product platforms and technologies
Optimizes processes to meet product/process specifications and product cost targets.
Uses appropriate engineering methods as well as theoretical and empirical techniques in the design of new processes. Example: SPC, and DOE
May lead multi-disciplinary teams through the process development process. Work in a team environment to develop new processes for various filtration and separation products. Must be able to manage and lead multiple projects at the same time.
Responsible for project planning and execution, as well as providing project status reports to Senior Management.
Works directly with product engineering, division engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance and equipment vendors to develop processes as required. Manage co-development projects with customers when required.
Direct the efforts of Process Technicians in support of assigned projects.
Makes recommendations based upon sound economic analysis in the development of new processes.
Determine requirements and prepares capital requests (AFE's) as required for new process development and expansion
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering is required
- Minimum of three (3) years of process engineering experience is required
- Minimum of three (3) years of New Product Introduction (NPI) experience is required
- Minimum of three (3) years of Supervisory experience is required
- Ability to travel up to 25% for project responsibilities
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the filtrations and separations industry and/or a related industry preferred.
- Masters Degree in Engineering is preferred
- Excellent design and conceptualization skills
- Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to use proven engineering methods as well as using theoretical and empirical techniques
- Experience working with fluid flow equipment.
- Experience working with process and automation.
- Experience working with process control.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming.
- Working knowledge of Design of Experiments techniques.
- Working knowledge of cost estimation and financial justification techniques.
- Strong process troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to utilize Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Practical working knowledge of statistics.
- Proven understanding and ability to implement and follow design control procedures.
- Demonstrated record of continuously improving the methods utilized in the process development process.
- Knowledge membrane manufacture or fiber processing technology is preferred.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.